Sunday

Friends of Pomham Rocks Lighthouse



Like many other Rhode Islanders I get coupons and flyers wrapped in a ProJo Express. Until today, when I needed a link to the PomhamRocks story, I had no idea how hated this piece of mail was – there are multiple Facebook pages dedicated to ending the delivery. Call me odd, but I get a restaurant review, a new yoga pose, and there’s usually a K-cup coupon in the bundle - what’s not to like?!
    This week, there was also a story about Pomham Rocks in East Providence. Now that ExxonMobile has given it up, the Friends of Pomham Rocks Lighthouse organization want to kick the restoration in high gear. The exterior has been restored to its original 1871 style, but the inside is uninhabitable.
     Ron Charbonneau lived in the lighthouse with is family as a kid in the 70s and is now the Vice Chair of the Friends. His former elementary school principle, David Kelleher, is the chairman. Kelleher also gives the Save the Bay Tours. The two say half a million dollars is needed for the interior work – plumbing, walls, etc. Their goal is to make it another Rose Island, with weekly stays for guests looking to briefly experience keeper life.
    So far their Facebook page only has 13 “likes.” Let’s help them change that, shall we?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing us for more information visit on Led Strip Lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I found your web site via Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it looks good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks
    My Horizon Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the a great work writing and revealing the hidden beneficial features of. Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete